CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

25 days of Lent left

There are days that are hard and there are days that are easy. I have been learning I am much more of an emotional eater than I thought I was. On stressful days I find myself walking over to the pantry and looking in to see what I can stuff in my face. I am so thankful for the commitment that I have made, and for God revealing to me what an unhealthy obsession I have with junk food. I am now 4 pounds lighter too!
My devotion time has led me to some really great verses, but my favorite one so far is Psalm 103: 1-5
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget none of His benefits;
Who pardons all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases;
Who redeems your life from the pit,
Who crowns you with loving kindness and compassion;
Who satisfies your years with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle.

How great is our God!

No comments: