CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 14, 2011

My pride and joy


I am so proud of the garden that I grew this year. It was hard work getting it in, and at times I have not wanted to weed it. The organic produce that we are getting from it is well worth the effort though. That right, I grew an organic garden this year! When I look at it even today, I am so amazed. I am also very thankful for parents who taught me how to garden while I was growing up. When I think back to the whining and complaining I did about weeding and watering that family plot who knew that I would end up loving it so much. I have come to find garden relaxing despite the work and how tired I feel after it. As a mother of three it is very rare for me to find time alone. My garden is a place where I can do that. I do hope that someday my children will be able to join me in growing food, but for now I find joy in knowing they see the effort I put forth and are eating healthier because of it. The pictures below show what I have been able to can so far. My tomatoes have done so well that I plan on canning some spaghetti sauce next. I am so excited!
Organic Roma Tomatoes
Diced Tomatoes

2 comments:

PAB said...

I'm glad you've been able to do the garden so well this year! Even if I mow over Parts of it :(

Angie said...

WAY TO GO TARA! This it he first year Matt and I have had a real garden ... we grew a 12 x 12 raised bed garden for things to eat fresh in Richmond and helped my mom with hers the past two years ... but now that we are in our own home in the country, we have a large garden that God has blessed richly!