CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 3, 2011

What's a Mall?

Today before taking the kids on a field trip I had to run to Greenwood Park Mall to get my jewelry inspected. It was so sad that the second I walked in the door I was completely out of my element. When did this happen? I never imagined that there would come a day when I wouldn't feel comfortable in a mall! I used to love shopping. What has happened to me?
I believe that it is has been a accumulation of many things, but three really stick out to me.
1. For the past 6 years I have been avoiding all shopping centers because of the unavoidable frustration that comes with bringing a baby/toddler with you. Come on, you have to admit that trying on clothes with your kids is  definitely not on your fun list.
2. We have gone from a dual income family to a single income one. That really cuts into extra free spending, and we all know that window shopping, all though fun, isn't completely satisfying.
3. It's no longer about me (and I mean that in a good way). Sure there are times when I would like to have a new pair of shoes or just get something when the mood strikes, but that's not what it's about anymore. I am no longer the only one who needs things. I have 3 wonderful children who trust me to provide all their needs.
I am not sure how to end this, because it is just a rambling of my crazy thoughts, so I will end it with this.
Philippians 4:19
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

No comments: